After a Year of early access, Northgard is finally officially launched!
The official release comes with a major update, Rig’s Saga, including a brand new campaign spanning 11 chapters, 7 new selectable environments for solo and multiplayer modes, a redesigned combat system, new achievements, and a host of other improvements. Further information can be found in the latest patch notes. Link:
Northgard mixes exploration, village building, resource management, clan diplomacy and tactical combat set in a mythical world infused with Norse mythology and filled with giants, wyverns and undead warriors. Since launching into Steam Early Access on February 22nd, 2017, Northgard has proved very popular with strategy fans, selling over 600,000 copies. From that moment, development on the game has continued non-stop with numerous updates bringing amongst other things, three new clans, new units and mythological beasts to encounter, a multiplayer mode with dedicated servers, as well as a host of smaller features and refinements.
The full release of Northgard allows players to:
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Grow the village by assigning Vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster)
- Choose between six different Viking clans, each with unique benefits, buildings and units
- Manage your resources carefully to survive the harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions such as Conquest, Fame, Lore and Trading
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels in single player or multiplayer modes.
- Follow the brave Viking Rig in his quest for vengeance in a brand-new single player campaign that spans over 11 chapters.
Published on March 07 2018